The Iraq Foundation co-founder, Ms. Rend Al-Rahim, serves as President. Ms. Al-Rahim has overall responsibility for the Foundation.
The board of directors of the Iraq Foundation, made up of Iraqi professionals, determines the Foundation’s mission and goals, defines its strategies and policies, and oversees its sound financial management. Our current board members are:
• Chairperson: Ms. Susan Dakak, President, Intuitive Technologies
• Ms. Rend Al-Rahim, President of the Iraq Foundation, former ambassador of Iraq to the United States
• Mr. Barham Salih, former Iraqi-Kurdistan Prime Minister, former Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister
• Dr. Azzam Alwash, founder of Nature Iraq, founder of Eden Again
• Ambassador Samir Sumaidaie, former ambassador of Iraq to the United States
• Ambassador Muhyi Alkhateeb, former ambassador of Iraq to UNESCO
Ms. Basma Fakri serves as Executive Director of the Iraq Foundation and is an ex-officio member of the Foundation board. Ms. Fakri is responsible for program implementation, administration and operations. Ms. Fakri is supported by a staff of 22 in DC and Iraq.